Limoncello aperitif is a tradition in Italy, so we made each of our guests their own branded bottle and saved some to enjoy after the meal. Let’s not point any fingers but one of our guests had drank all of theirs before the meal had even properly begun… each to their own – we choose to take it as a compliment!
- Peel the lemon rind off with a peeler, be careful to only retain a small amount of the white insides.
- Pour the vodka into an air tight jar and add the lemon peel.
- Pop in the fridge for at least a week to infuse, shaking daily
- After a week or so create the sugar syrup by boiling up the water and sugar until it has dissolved – add the vodka and syrup to a bowl and stir until combined.
- Return the mixture to the jar and leave airtight in the kitchen for another week before serving.
- Serve chilled – trust us this won’t hang around long!