SERVES: 6 TIME: 1 hour
Creating a deliciously raw dessert sounds like a challenge, but all it calls for is some great flavours and a bit of imagination. Not only were the flavours bold but so was the colour, the perfect way to showcase the effortless beauty of nature.
- To make the cake, chuck all of the ingredients into a processor and blend until all of the ingredients are broken down and the mixture sticks together.
- Take the mixture and form it into a long rectangle about 1 inch thick, we squished ours into shape with a chopping board.
- Slice your square sausage cake into as many portions as you need – we made 7 (one extra just in case… we’re pretty clumsy). Put these to the side.
- For the frosting, blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Take your individual cakes and cover them in frosting carefully with a knife around all the edges.
Top them off with crushed pistachios and rose petals. The proof most definitely was in this pudding, not a crumb left on the plates and a lot of satisfactory noises coming from our guests – it pays to be bold.