SERVES: 8 TIME: 2 hours
I’m blue da ba dee da ba da…. where do we begin with this cheesecake? Soft, creamy and naturally BLUE; one guaranteed to really wow the guests. Blue Majik is a derivative of spirulina and is quickly gaining popularity due to it’s high antioxidant content and nutrient-density – it also gives food a really lovely shade of blue… da ba dee da ba da.
- Start by greasing and lining a brownie tin with greaseproof non-stick paper and set to one side.
- For the base, combine all of the ingredients and blend in a food processor, until a bread crumb consistency. Pour base mixture into the tin and get stuck in with your hands to flatten it down. Pop it into the freezer for later.
- For the cheesecake filling mix combine all of the ingredients and separate into two even portions.
- Grab your base from the freezer and pour in one half of the cheesecake mix, spreading evenly with a spatula. Place back into the freezer until set solid.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling hot water, pull the cheesecake out of the freezer and pour the melted chocolate over the top and pop back in the freezer.
- Blend up the remaining portion of cheesecake mixture that you set aside into a much finer consistency and mix in your Blue Majik until evenly distributed.
- Remove your cheesecake from the freezer and pour over your Blue Majik mixture. Spread evenly with a spatula for a smooth finish and place back into the freezer until set solid.
- Remove from the freezer and slice using a hot, sharp knife, wipe it after every go to keep those lines straight and clean. Decorate the slices with edible (blue obviously) wafer flowers.
The cheesecake can be quite sickly and it’s dense so make sure the slices are thin. Some of our guests went up for seconds but some people’s sweet tooth needs a lighter bite..