SERVES: 6 TIME: 30 mins
For our GREEN course in our Taste the Rainbow theme we wanted a really fresh crunchy green salad, chock full of goodness as well as being delicious and interesting. The mix of flavours in this salad, the tang of the dressing, the salty samphire and the peppery watercress all compliment each other so well. We brought it out with our polenta chips and it was a massive hit.
- Before you even start you need a bowlful of ice and a bit of water set aside. You’ll be chucking the vegetables into this after cooking to keep a great crunch.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your asparagus (tips clicked off), peas, broad beans, mangetout and samphire.
- Take everything out of the saucepan with a slotted spoon about 2 minutes later and get them into the bowl of iced water for a minute before removing and setting aside.
- Make up your dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together and seasoning to taste.
- Get a big salad bowl and chuck in all of the ingredients except the courgette – this needs to be cooked on a griddle pan.
- Grill each side then add to the bowl and mix everything together with your tangy dressing.
Either serve it in the sharing bowl or on individual plates – as a summer salad at a bbq, on the side of a stuffed pepper or it’s just as great being the star of the show.