SERVES: 6 TIME: 30 mins
Lemon posset was one of the first things Saskia ever learnt to make, it’s so simple and yet so effective for dinner parties or just treat yo’self evenings. One of the difficulties a lot of people find when turning vegan is good substitutes for food that includes dairy, well here’s a super creamy party pleaser without a whiff of the scary stuff.
NB: Make sure you make these at least 5 hours before you need them or overnight as they need time to set.
- Zest and juice both lemons into a saucepan saving a little zest.
- Add the caster sugar and bring the mixture to the boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a separate pan bring the cream to the boil and then start to stir in the lemon mixture. Keep stirring for about 5 minutes as it should start to thicken.
- Once it’s getting thicker, turn off the hob and leave to cool for around ten minutes before pouring into fancy glasses (try martini or tumblers).
- Add the rest of the zest on top to garnish then leave to set in the fridge. We also added sliced crystallised ginger to ours but that’s not for everyone.
- Bring out at the end of the dinner when everyone is suitably inebriated and celebrate your 3 ingredient mastery amongst big wows from your adoring crowd
This is actually probably one of the most popular desserts even though it’s literally the easiest. Creamy but tangy and in a bougjy glass, I mean…