SERVES: 6 TIME: 45 mins
Something tangy, something light, something fruity with a bite..
Summer salad – nailed. English strawberries are the best and of course we aren’t biased. From April right through to the end of summer our lovely little aisle produces some of the most celebrated berries maybe anywhere. Strawberries and cream (vegan of course) are staple summer but working those lovely little fruits into other dishes is a sure fire win.
This summer salad as part of our ‘Spring has Sprung’ theme balances the sweetness of strawberries with refreshing cucumber and then a super tangy vinaigrette. The freshness of the ingredients is vital and the flavours just nestle up perfectly together..
Note: you will need a spiraliser (ooh fancy)..
- Prep your vinaigrette first; in a food processor chuck in all of the dressing ingredients except the olive oil and chia seeds. While it’s whizzing add the olive oil little by little until it’s a really creamy consistency and beautiful pink colour!
- Taste it, season accordingly and then when it’s perfect stir in the chia seeds and pop to the side.
- Spiralise your cucumbers (wrestle with them until they look like noodles) and pat off the excess moisture with a clean tea towel.
- Roughly chop the spinach, mint and coriander, slice the strawberries and bung it in a big bowl with your cucumber.
- Softly fold in half of the vinaigrette and share evenly between the bowls.
- Drip a little excess over the top and add a cracker for crunch (make your own if you’re that smart)
This went down so well we wish we’d made more. Make sure you bring any excess dressing through for guests to add themselves.